Creating Space and Connecting to Learn, Question, Grow, and Change.
As a high energy Speaker, I feel natural and in my flow when I’m in front of a room, on a stage and facilitating challenging conversations. The ability to share stories, successes, and missteps creates a real connection that people relate to and want more of in the world.
Keynotes and Workshops based on the following areas:
- Diversity and Inclusion in Real Estate. Potential subtopics: social change agents in real estate, disrupting racism in the real estate industry, discrimination and unconscious biases in lead generation, reframing biases, modern-day redlining, changing our business model for changing demographics, uncomfortable conversations, the impact of the Realtor’s role in our communities.
- White Women Doing the Work. Potential subtopics: facing our racism, building racial resilience, racial conflict, gender/race dynamics & the oppressed/oppressor, from colorblind to racially conscious, understanding the system of whiteness, white privilege, white fragility, intersectionality, social media, raising children, learning to talk about race, role-playing ways to disrupt racism.
- Lead with Heart and Humanity. Potential subtopics: designing your leadership role based on who you are and how you want to show up in the world, a framework for combining masculine and feminine leadership styles, breaking down stereotypes and using your feminine energy as strengths in leadership positions.
The audience will leave inspired and more knowledgeable in an effort to cultivate radical hope for a more equitable world. Sara always offers tangible examples, tools, and resources for people who are ready to start implementing change immediately. She also has a massive amount of cheerleading skills that motivates and inspires action-based change.
If you are interested in hiring Sara, please email email@example.com.
One on one coaching: It’s a crucial, and a sometimes painful, first step for white women to understand the unique position we are in as both the oppressor and the oppressed so that we can take a bigger role in dismantling racism. I do this without shaming and without coddling. I offer education, accountability, and support for those willing to commit to a new way of seeing, being, and taking action.
What they say:
“The Spartan Peace Project began in 2018 to build empathy and understanding among the staff and students in the McFarland School District, to deepen our thinking and delve into courageous conversations. Sara Alvarado facilitated two discussions with our Teacher Study Groups. She asked the tough questions and challenged us to look deep into ourselves and our practices to break the cycle of inequity, implicit bias, and white privilege. She did so with humor, realness, and a desire to learn more about us as we work to change current equity practices in our community, workplace, and schools. I admire her courage and zeal to discuss tough topics, challenge our thinking, and go straight to the heart of matters involving race, culture, and equity. Our time with Sara left us inspired and determined to continue this desperately important work for ourselves and for our leaders of the future.” ~Anne R. Pingel-Nichols, Associate Principal
“Sara brings her entire self to her speaking engagements. Her openness, vulnerability, and willingness to hold ‘a messy space’ helps the audience connect with the fact that we are all on a journey and none of us have crossed a finish line. Add in her humor and high energy to the mix and somehow we are magically having fun while we explore our own experiences, even if the topic is one that might normally send us running for the hills. I highly recommend Sara as a Speaker and Workshop Facilitator.” ~ Jessie Lerner, Executive Director of Sustain Dane
“If you are looking for a Rock Star speaker, look no further than Sara Alvarado. She is great at moving an audience to action. She will make them laugh, she will make them cry. Best of all, she will motivate those in attendance. Sara is very personable and at ease in front of the audience and brings her real self to the stage.” ~Colin Murray, Executive Director of Dane Buy Local
“Sara recently spoke at an event for me and she was fabulous – honest, real, fun, engaging. Consider me a big fan. I hope to have Sara back to speak at another event in the near future.” ~Mike Zilli, Senior Mortgage Consultant
For a speaking sample, watch the clip below:
Past Speaking Engagements:
- Building Wealth and Understanding Racial Equity in Real Estate, 75 minute presentation, 12/7/19
- Talking Race: From Implicit Bias to Structural Racism, corporate workshop, 11/14/19
- White Women Doing the Work: Racial Conflict and White Fragility, YWCA Racial Justice Summit, 10/15/19
- White Women Facing Their Racism, 2-hour affinity group workshop, 3/1/2019
- Interview Host at the Social Change Forum with Tanya Geisler, 2/28/19
- Understanding our Biases, Cultural Norms, and Whiteness, facilitated discussion for the Social Justice Team at McFarland Schools, 1/8/19 and 5/8/19
- Property Investment Workshops: 3/6/18, 2/7/18, 1/25/18
- #MeToo Event at Majestic Theater – Community Showcase, 11/9/17
- Radio Interview on WORT FM, Humanity in our Social Change Work, 10/23/17
- SHE Speaks – Use Your Voice & Make a Difference, 3/14/17
- Creating Change for Social Media, Workshop, 3/5/17
- Facing Fear & Failure with Fire, 60 minute presentation, 11/3/16
- Social Good Summit, Panel Speaker, 8/18/16
- City of Madison Women’s Leadership Series, featured panelist, 5/6/16
- Money Smart Women Conference, Keynote Speaker, 4/23/16
- Social Change Forum, Breakout Session Presenter, 3/3/16
- Dream Bank Presenter, Creating Change and Inspiring Impact, 2/25/16
- Greater Madison Assoc. of Human Resources Mgmt, Step Up: Equity Matters in the Workplace workshop, 1/19/16
- American Family Keynote Presentation for Women’s Professional Series, 11/18/15
- YWCA Racial Justice Summit, Breakout Session Workshop, 10/1/15
- City of Madison Women’s Leadership Series, featured panelist, September 2015
- Co-Creator for full day creative + spiritual retreat, Soul Play for a Day, August 2015
- DreamBank Presentation, Living Abundantly within Life’s Many Roles, July 2015
- YWCA Moxie Conference, Building Confidence, May 2015
- Keynote presentation for Sustain Dane’s Business Network Event, October 2014
- Co-Creator for full day creative + spiritual retreat, Soul Play for a Day, August 2014
- Featured Speaker at the YWCA Luncheon, 800 in attendance, February 2014