Book Sara to Speak
As a high energy change agent I feel natural and in my flow when I’m in front of a room, on a stage and facilitating challenging conversations. Sharing my stories, successes and missteps, create a real connection that people relate to and want more of in the world. We all belong together on this journey and I share that message with heart and passion.
What they say:
“Sara brings her entire self to her speaking engagements. Her openness, vulnerability and wiliness to hold ‘a messy space’ help the audience connect with the fact that we are all on a journey and none of us have crossed a finish line. Add in her humor and high energy to the mix and somehow we are magically having fun while we explore our own experiences, even if the topic is one that might normally send us running for the hills. I highly recommend Sara as a Speaker and Workshop Facilitator.”
~ Jessie Lerner, Executive Director of Sustain Dane
“If you are looking for a Rock Star speaker, look no further than Sara Alvarado. She is great at moving an audience to action. She will make them laugh, she will make them cry. Best of all, she will motivate those in attendance. Sara is very personable and at ease in front of the audience and brings her real self to the stage.”
~Colin Murray, Executive Director of Dane Buy Local
“Sara recently spoke at an event for me and she was fabulous – honest, real, fun, engaging. Consider me a big fan. I hope to have Sara back to speak at another event in the near future.”
~Mike Zilli, Senior Mortgage Consultant
Topics that I can engage you and your audience with include (but are not limited to):
“Woke” to Actually Awake: My Racial Justice Journey
Getting honest about my ignorance and colorblindness was unexpected and happened quickly in the fall of 2013. I thought I was “woke” but the reality is that I had a lot of waking up to do. My keynote takes the audience on the journey while sharing some key moments and details about the crucial shifts in my perspective that brought me to a place of constant growth and real change from the inside out. There were mistakes made and insights I openly share about how my journey has impacted our family and my work within my community. Change is possible. The audience will leave inspired and more knowledgeable in an effort to cultivate radical hope for a more equitable world.
*This can be a 60 minute keynote or a 90-120 minute workshop. Topics covered may include: unconscious biases, reframing biases, intersectionality, social media, raising children, learning to talk about race, white fragility.
Creating Change with Social Media
This powerful presentation shows ways we can use social media to create change and impact for social and racial justice. Using real life examples we will discuss how to be most effective with controversial topics to keep the conversation inclusive, educational, respectful and with clear boundaries and a desire for understanding. It is possible to change perspectives through positive social media use.
This presentation focuses on how to let go of preconceptions and truly design your work or business to who you are authentically and how you want to show up in the world. We will explore the process of redefining leadership, success and examining how our personalities and strengths can become the key to leading in your unique way. Tapping into the conversation around masculine and feminine leadership styles, we will break down stereotypes and learn new ways to embrace diversity through leadership positions. This is an empowering and interactive presentation.
If you are interested in hiring me, please connect at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-438-5005
For a speaking sample, watch the clip below:
Past Speaking Engagements:
- Property Investment Workshops: 3/6/18, 2/7/18, 1/25/18
- #MeToo Event at Majestic Theater – Community Showcase, 11/9/17
- Radio Interview on WORT FM, Humanity in our Social Change Work, 10/23/17
- SHE Speaks – Use Your Voice & Make a Difference, 3/14/17
- Creating Change for Social Media, Workshop, 3/5/17
- Facing Fear & Failure with Fire, 60 minute presentation, 11/3/16
- Social Good Summit, Panel Speaker, 8/18/16
- City of Madison Women’s Leadership Series, featured panelist, 5/6/16
- Money Smart Women Conference, Keynote Speaker, 4/23/16
- Social Change Forum, Breakout Session Presenter, 3/3/16
- Dream Bank Presenter, Creating Change and Inspiring Impact, 2/25/16
- Greater Madison Assoc. of Human Resources Mgmt, Step Up: Equity Matters in the Workplace workshop, 1/19/16
- American Family Keynote Presentation for Women’s Professional Series, 11/18/15
- YWCA Racial Justice Summit, Breakout Session Workshop, 10/1/15
- City of Madison Women’s Leadership Series, featured panelist, September 2015
- Co-Creator for full day creative + spiritual retreat, Soul Play for a Day, August 2015
- DreamBank Presentation, Living Abundantly within Life’s Many Roles, July 2015
- YWCA Moxie Conference, Building Confidence, May 2015
- Keynote presentation for Sustain Dane’s Business Network Event, October 2014
- Co-Creator for full day creative + spiritual retreat, Soul Play for a Day, August 2014
- Featured Speaker at the YWCA Luncheon, 800 in attendance, February 2014